Centralis has a state-of-the-art lab for usability testing, focus groups and concept testing.
Located just outside Chicago in Evanston, Illinois, Centralis Lab is an exciting venue for a wide variety of user research projects, including usability testing, living-room style consumer product testing and group discussions.
Specifically designed for user experience research, Centralis Lab provides a neutral setting for participants to experience your product, as well as a stimulating environment for your team to observe, discuss and design.
About the testing room:
- 18' x 12' testing room comfortably accommodates one-on-one usability testing, as well as focus groups for concept testing
- Conference room and living room configurations available
- Multiple camera angles record participants’ facial expressions, hand movements, on-screen activity and physical manipulation of products
- High resolution digital picture-in-picture recording
- All sessions are digitally recorded; live remote observation is also available
About the observation room:
- 18' x 20' observation room with one-way mirror easily accommodates up to 12 observers
- 42" LCD TV provides close-ups of the participant’s facial expressions
- Flat-panel monitors on each table provide detailed views of participant behavior with websites, software or other products
- Large tables with ergonomic chairs and ample work space
- High-speed Internet (wired and wireless), with backup WAN
- Tabletop speakers with individual volume controls
Our proximity to Chicago and its northern suburbs provides a rich recruiting base for many audiences, including general consumers, business professionals and students from nearby universities. We can also test just about anywhere using our mobile lab.