Let's Make Something Great Together.
Centralis is a team of smart, creative people drawn together by a desire to make better user experiences, grow ourselves, and have fun in the process. We’re dedicated to our clients, and just as dedicated to each other.
If that sounds like a match, we’d love to hear from you.
Current Opening: User Experience Specialist
As a UX Specialist on our team, you will make an immediate impact in helping our clients deliver better user experiences on websites, mobile apps and physical devices. Collaborating with our team on a constantly changing mix of ground-breaking projects, you will not only grow your own skills, but also help create the future of our practice and our company.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work directly with users to improve our clients' websites, mobile apps and software
- Partner with and learn from a team of experts who have a great time doing great work
- Collaborate on research and design initiatives for the world’s leading companies, across a wide variety of platforms and industries
- Plan and execute ethnographic studies
- Conduct usability research that opens eyes and transforms designs
- Work with our team to design new user experiences
- Win the hearts and minds of our clients
- Grow into a leadership role
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent PPO medical and dental insurance with 75% of premiums paid
- 401K plan with company contribution
- Annual discretionary profit-sharing bonus
- Paid vacation (and our help in making sure you can use it)
- Professional development funding for conferences, courses and tools
- A kitchen loaded with free drinks and snacks
- Random acts of camaraderie
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Science, Design, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Enthusiasm for user-centered design (prior experience is a plus, but not required)
- Excellent analytical, writing and creative thinking skills
- Ability to flexibly handle multiple projects and initiatives
- Humanity, humility and humor
- Commitment to helping teammates, growing your skills, and sharing your ideas on how we can improve
- Freedom to travel (approximately 3-4 short trips a year)
- Willingness to drop everything to celebrate awesomeness
Other stuff we’d love to see:
- Prior experience with usability test planning, facilitation and analysis
- Knowledge of Axure or other prototyping tools
- Previous corporate and/or consulting experience
- Ability to carry a tune
Interested in learning more? Please send your questions and/or your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!